Specialized Presentations Available for Professional Groups
Tips for How To Have a Successful AFG Public Outreach Powerpoint Presentation
There are three great Public Outreach presentations for Law Enforcement, Healthcare professionals, and Educators. Additional professions will be created on request. Contact email@example.com with any questions or comments.
Please do not change the content or pictures of these Powerpoint presentations. The facts and many of the narratives have come from material from WSO member’s surveys and other documents put out by WSO. A local contact, in addition to the Area or WSO contact may be added.
These presentations do not have a script, so PLEASE prepare before the event.
- Ask the facilitator how much time has been allotted for your presentation.
- Determine what slides you want to focus on; it is not necessary to spend time on them all.
- Spend time explaining the slides on: What Anonymity is, What you were like before Al-Anon, How can Al-Anon help, and What life is like now that you have been in Al-Anon.
- There could be time for discussion during some of the slides and Q&A’s after the presentation depending on the time.
- Print out the Powerpoint Notes document from the website for the attendees, although this is not necessary.
- Print out the Evaluation Survey from the website and have attendees fill them out and collect them.
- Once you have finished with the Evaluation Surveys, please get them to the Public Outreach Coordinator.
- Bring additional Conference Approved Literature (CAL). For example:
- Al-Anon Faces Alcoholism
- Fact sheet for Professionals
- Has your life been affected by someone else’s drinking?
- Outreach bookmark
- Professional referral pad
- Order outreach CAL from the Southeast Wisconsin Literature Distribution Center at www.alanon-wi.org/literature or by calling 414-257-2415.
Have fun and know that some of the members of the audience will relate from their own personal life, and some will not. Thank you for being the hand of Al-Anon and carrying the message to professionals that can refer prospective members to us.
Contact Public Outreach Coordinator with questions or comments.